Tuesday, February 19, 2013

President's Day Weekend







Hi All,

This Presidents Day weekend, was quite a test.  I was out shopping craving sweets two different days :)
But, I did persevered and did not give in.  I did drink a Zevia soda one night watching a movie.  Its Stevia Sweetened and is 0 cals, 0 sugar.  So, I am counting that as a okay thing. 

http://www.zevia.com/

Have you ever tried this soda?
Have you ever heard of stevia sweeteners?
Please do check them out it out and consider the benefits of using Stevia

http://www.stevia.com/


I am hoping that this removal of sugars in my diet will help in my goal to loose some weight and tone up for the summer ahead.  I am working through my nutrition and work outs in hopes to turn a corner soon.

My new Nutrition Fact sheet: Get Smart: Food Labels

- Fond food that are good sources of Fiber, calcium, iron and Vitamin C
- Compare Similar foods to find out which one is lower in fat and calories
- Search for lo-sodium foods
- Loo for foods that are low in saturated fat and trans fats

___________________________________________________________________________________
Steps:

Start with Serving Size:
- Look her for both serving size and the number of servings in the package
- Remember to check your portion size to the serving size listed on the label.  If the label serving size is one cup and you eat two cups, you are getting 2x the calories, fat and other nutrients listed on the label.  In reverse you are also getting 2x's the sugar, added coloring and other bad stuff :)

Hopefully, What I am learning and passing on to you is as helpful to you as it is becoming to me.

Have a wonderful few days!

Best,
LALA

No comments:

Post a Comment