Monday, January 28, 2013

Trainer Assessment...Kicked me in the gut.. Really!

Hi Friends,

So, as it happens life has been extremely stressful the last week or so.  However, I am still determined to continue my healthy lifestyle changes for 2013!!

So, I met with my personal trainer this last Friday, only to confirm what I already knew.  My current desk job has my weight up.  His new fancy scale with the current rods determined that my weight and BMI are too high.  So, I am on a serious work out program.  I am also taking on the 30 days to fit program with Arbonne.  In the past I did the organic eating and exercise and I was great!  I have now decided that I will add the fit kit to my changing lifestyle.  I will now be incorporating a program that will include protein shakes and snacks that are low cal and that I make my self.  I started today and so far so good!
I had the following:

1 Fruit Protein shake
1 fit Carmel
2 cups of salad - light dressing beans no meat
Pumpkin Protein Shake
1 Fit Carmel

Dinner is planed:
Soup with Protein
(treat: corn bread) :)

Recipes for you all:

Pumpkin Shake:
2 scoops Arbonne Vanilla Protein Shake mix
Coconut Milk
Pumpkin Puree
Pumpkin Spice
Ice 

Soup:
Cream of Broccoli Soup with Coconut Milk

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/4 cup diced onion
5 cups broccoli florets
3 cups of peeled diced gold potatoes
Fresh water or vegetable/chicken broth, as needed (about 6 cups)
Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
fresh parsley
1 cup coconut milk, or to taste

Instructions:
Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot set over medium heat and stir in the garlic and onion. Add in the cut up broccoli and gold potatoes. Add just enough water/broth to cover the vegetables. You can always thin the soup later, if you need to.

Add the chopped parsley. Season with sea salt and fresh pepper, to taste.
Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Remove the pot from the heat. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
Return the pot to the stove and add in the coconut milk. Stir and heat through gently (don't boil the pureed soup).
Optional: add raw spinach before pureeing, season with fresh ginger added with the garlic and onion.
Adapted from glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com


If you are interested in the Arbonne Products featured in my Blog please check out our  website and contact me for ordering details.

https://www.arbonne.com/shop_online/showCatalog.asp?category=268

I also attended my first 60min boot camp.  I had been doing INSANITY before the holidays so this was not too bad to start my year.  I simply have some extra holiday weight.  I am still able to work out the way I was before the holidays.  My hope is this means that I will be able to drop the holiday weight fast :)

 I am also very optimistic that this year will be a great one for all the things I have planned.  Vacations, Career, Hobbies and visiting with people I care about. 
I am so hoping you all will want to make this a great year as well!!
Some other things I will start up again in the new year:

Moore Dance Studio:
I take the Hip Hop Class
http://mooredancing.com/YELP REVIEWS:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/moore-dancing-los-angeles

Cycling:
I Cycle once a week.  This shop got me all geared up last fall!
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10054_10551_500051_-1___

Lets get healthy people!!

~LALA

No comments:

Post a Comment